We meet Sundays at 10 AM // And in homes throughout the week
Every child is a valuable gift from God with a unique story to live out! Consequently, kids are an active and integral part of our church family. We don’t ever want our kids to feel like they’re on the sidelines, waiting to “get big” before they can follow Jesus, find real life, and make a difference. We’re convinced they can serve, pray, give, learn, hear from God, and share with others right now, young as they might be.
VineyardKids partners with parents and families introducing children to Jesus—his love, mercy, power, and truth—and helping them grow through engaging ways: powerful worship, interactive teaching, age-appropriate small groups, creative, hands-on activities, and Spirit-led prayer ministry. Our team wants VineyardKids to be the best hour of your kids’ week, and we work hard to create a fun, safe, loving, and learning environment that will change kids forever!
In our weekend services, VineyardKids is organized into age groups and staffed with at least 2 screened volunteers per group.
Nursery / Pre-School (Birth – Pre-Kindergarten)
Preschool time starts with structured playtime to help the kids settle in and engage right away. After a light snack, the kids participate in songs & movements, interactive story time, and activities that include acting out stories, drawing, painting, games or reading. There are plenty of toys, books and drawing materials.
Elementary (K – 5th)
Class consists of 4 dynamic components:
- During the large group time, all the kids come together for an interactive story with understandable life lessons from the Bible.
- Afterward everyone moves to a set, age-appropriate small group of fellow students around a table. These small groups are led by volunteer leaders who help out with activities, facilitate discussions, and form relationships with kids. This setting provides familiarity and connections for kids with their peers and caring grown-ups.
- Then the kids re-convene for worship—a time of both lively praise with motions and quieter worship. Kid’s worship is facilitated with a trained worship leader and/or a DVD.
- The morning concludes with a time of sharing the gifts of the Holy Spirit and praying for kids who desire ministry.
Check-In and Pick-Up
When you arrive, please go to the VineyardKids’ Check-In Station to check your children into their classes. You will see a directional sign for it in the Commons as you walk in the front door.
- Check-in starts at 9:40am.
- Registration only takes a moment, but we take security seriously. All children must be registered by their parent or guardian before they attend a class for the first time. In the weeks that follow, you’ll simply type your name or scan your bar code on the iPad, complete the simple on-screen instructions, and receive your child’s and parent pick-up security name badges.
- Children should be picked up by 11:15am. Please present your check-in receipt to pick up your child.
- Once the check-in procedure begins, children are not allowed in the VineyardKids rooms unless they are checked-in.
We understand that some adults find great satisfaction in using their spiritual and natural abilities to serve kids. For these volunteers we are grateful. Nevertheless, our need for workers occasionally exceeds this pool of committed workers. Therefore, VineyardKids is a cooperative ministry—parents whose kids participate may be asked to volunteer as a helper on occasion. We attempt to be as accommodating to your availability as possible when scheduling,
We think that your kids will enjoy, grow, make new friends, and learn about Jesus and his kingdom in powerful and fun ways. Nevertheless, we respect those families who choose to have their children accompany them in the auditorium. Kids are always welcome in the auditorium with their parents, providing they are not a distraction to other worshipers.
We also have a nursing mother’s room (sorry, no dads allowed) at the side of the auditorium. Moms should feel free to use this room whenever necessary.
For additional information or to volunteer with VineyardKids, please contact Lori Hensold, VineyardKids Director, at email@example.com.